At Department of Statistics, we not only aspire to produce the best statistics graduates in Nigeria but also world over. We equip our students with all tools needed to be a success in the field of statistics.
Apart from the general criteria set out by the university, prospective students are expected to satisfy the following requirements to be admitted into our undergraduate degree programme;
- U M E : To be admitted into our undergraduate programme through University Matriculation Examination (UME), prospective students are expected to possess five (5) ‘O’ Level credits including English language, Mathematics, Physics plus any two of Economics, Geography, Chemistry and Biology. At the University Matriculation Examination, the student will be expected to sit for the following subjects: English language, Physics, Mathematics and any one of Economics, Geography Chemistry and Biology
- DIRECT ENTRY: To be admitted directly into our undergraduate programme, prospective students are expected to possess ‘A’ Level or equivalent with passes in Mathematics and at least one of the following subjects: Physics, Economics, Geography, Chemistry and Biology. Also, holders of National Diploma (ND) in Statistics with a minimum of Upper Credit or equivalent from recognized Polytechnic or College of Technology are also eligible for admission.
- WAIVER: Any prospective student who fails to meet all the requirement above is not eligible for admission and will not be consider as the department grants no waiver.
To be eligible for the award of Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) degree in Statistics, a student who has been found worthy in character must satisfy the following requirements:
- Must pass all core courses, university and school required courses as well as certain electives tailored towards some areas of specialization which may be of interest to the student.
- Complete a successful six (6) month industrial attachment training.
- Carry out a compulsory final year project under the guidance of one of our academic staff.